Klonopin (Clonazepam) 2mg pills/tablets:
Klonopin or Rivotril (Generic Clonazepam) is a great treatment for seizures and panic disorder. It is a benzodiazepine type of drug and works by affecting the chemicals (GABA) in the brain that may become unstable and result in anxiety. Rivotril works by soothing your brain and nerves.
Under what conditions the use of Klonopin is avoided?
- Breathing problems like bronchitis, asthma, emphysema, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD).
- Kidney or liver impairment conditions.
- A history of depression or suicidal behavior or thoughts.
- Eye disorders like glaucoma.
- A history of drug or alcohol dependence.
What are the possible drug interactions of Rivotril?
- Drugs for treating psychiatric disorders, such as Haloperidol, Thioridazine or Chlorpromazine
- Antidepressants for example, Amitriptyline, Nefazodone or Doxepin
- Barbiturate such as Phenobarbital
- Antibiotics such as Clarithromycin or Erythromycin
- Antifungal drugs such as Ketoconazole, Itraconazole
- MAO inhibitor such as Isocarboxazid, Selegiline or Phenelzine
How to store this medication?
Rivotril tablets should be stored at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and light.