Librium (Chlordiazepoxide) 10mg capsules:
Librium (Chlordiazepoxide) treats anxiety, symptoms of alcohol withdrawal, and tremor. This medicine is a benzodiazepine.
Mechanism of Action of Librium 10 mg (Chlordiazepoxide)-
Librium 10 mg (Chlordiazepoxide) binds on GABA (A) receptor complexes at several sites within the central nervous system. This results in an increased binding of neurotransmitter GABA to the GABA (A) receptor. Librium 10mg increases the value of GABA-mediated chloride, entry through GABA receptor channels. Thus the neuro-inhibitory effects result in the observed sedative, hypnotic, anti- anxiety and muscle relaxant properties.
Uses of Librium 10 mg (Chlordiazepoxide)-
It is used to treat-
- withdrawal symptoms of alcoholics
- It is used to relieve fear and stress before surgery.
List of Drugs That Should Not Be Taken With Librium 10 mg (Chlordiazepoxide)-
- Synthroid (levothyroxine)
Avoid Taking Librium 10 mg (Chlordiazepoxide) In Case Of-
- Hypersensitive or allergic persons should strictly avoid consuming Librium 10mg.
- Patients with liver and kidney disorders (jaundice, nausea, stomach ache etc) should avoid this drug.
- Pregnant ladies and breastfeeding mothers should not take Librium 100mg.
- Patients suffering from blood disorder should not consume Librium 10mg.
Methods To Store Librium 10 mg (Chlordiazepoxide)-
- Librium 10mg should be stored under the following conditions:
- Librium 10mg should be stored at room temperature 30oc.
- Avoid storage of medicine from direct heat, light, moisture.
- Keep it away from the reach of children.
Procedure To Consume Librium 10 mg (Chlordiazepoxide)-
Adult dose for Anxiety
For Mild to moderate anxiety: Patient should take 5 to 10 mg orally, three to four times per day.
Severe anxiety: Patient should consume 20 to 25 mg orally, 3 or 4 times per day.
- Geriatric dose for Anxiety- Take 5 mg orally after every 12 hours.
- Pediatric dose for anxiety- 5 mg should be consumed orally, 2 to 4 times in a day this dose can be increased to 10 mg orally, 2 to 3 times in a day.
- Dose for alcohol withdrawal symptoms
Patient should take 50 to 100 mg orally, followed by repeated dose till agitation is not controlled.
Maximum dose should not exceed more than 300 mg orally in a day.